Friday 27 June 2008

Friendship

*Dedicates to my friends that away from me*
*notes*:
o'er means over or also can say throughout a time period. It is usually use in poetry.

When it comes to the session of sweet silent thoughts,
I summon up remembrance of things that past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste.

Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancelled woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanished sight.

Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er,
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Next previous home

Followers

Blog Archive

Follow Me

Photobucket

Photobucket

  ©Ken Chia 2009 - All rights reserved

Back to TOP