Tuesday 5 January 2010

Celebrating my New Year at Chiang Mai, Thailand

Yesterday, I've just came back from my tiring trip from Chiang Mai and slept for almost 1 day...
It was a nice trip though. So Chiang mean city and Mai means new in Thai and overall it is a new city in northern Thailand.
In every new year eve and new year, many people will flocked in to northern Thailand to released sky lantern. In Thai โคมลอย(khom loi), while in Chinese 孔明燈(Kongming lanterns) or in Japanese 天灯(tentou)...


Photobucket

Tourist like me stayed in Chiang Mai surely need to grabbed my opportunity thus asked my tour guide to buy some for me and travel group.

Photobucket

Photobucket


After making my wishes for my 2010 resolution and then letting those sky lantern go, later I'm heading to night market to taste some of their street foods and buy some souvenirs... On the way there, I saw an array of random sky lanterns floating up on sky with the city building views is like fireflies flying on concrete jungle...


They just took my breath away. At one moment, I'm thinking one of those is mine...
You need to be there to experience the view....

blog comments powered by Disqus
Next previous home

Followers

Blog Archive

Follow Me

Photobucket

Photobucket

  ©Ken Chia 2009 - All rights reserved

Back to TOP